Wine Tasting Tips
Read up on some great tips for the next time you plan an exciting wine tasting adventure.
1. Be open to new wines. Don’t be afraid to try something new. If you don’t know what to try, ask for suggestions from the staff. If the opportunity presents itself, compare any wines that have been aged in steel to those that have been aged in oak.
2. If you’re planning out a whole day of wine tasting, be sure to keep note of the types of wines and flavors you enjoy most.
3. Consider doing your wine tasting tour during the off season. Usually the off season is between November and May. Visiting during the off season means you might only one of a few guests all day, which means you’ll receive more attention from the staff.
4. Never be afraid to ask questions. Staff members have an abundance of knowledge when it comes to the wines you taste. Winery staff enjoy being engaged and passing on their knowledge.
5. Eat crackers between tastings if they are being offered. They are a great way to cleanse your palate and to help absorb any remnants of alcohol.
6. Explore some of the other wineries that are found off the beaten path.
7. Avoid wearing to much perfume or aftershave. Smelling and enjoying the aroma of wine is part of the fun.
8. If you have a large party, call the wineries ahead of time. Some wineries will even arrange cheese and fruit trays.
9. If you’re visiting during peak seasons keep in mind that it might take a minute or two for the staff to serve you.
10. A good way to identify a wine of better quality is by swirling it around the glass. If the legs or tears stick or take longer to trickle down the glass after you’ve stopped swirling, the better the wine is.
Plan your next Southern California winery tour by visiting beautiful Temecula wine country. Take the time to experience a Temecula wine tasting at a wonderful Temecula Winery like Ponte Winery. At Ponte Winery you’ll find a beautiful tasting room unlike any other for both you and your friends to enjoy a relaxing day filled with mouthwatering wine. As one of the finest Temecula wineries is proud to be a green winery.